Tuesday, June 1, 2021

A bit darker this time - Scrapmatts

Good morning all This month my layout is a bit darker than I usually do, but have to admit, I quite like the end product. I have also made the stencilling and the chipboard the main focus rather than choosing chipboard to suite my project.
I started by choosing this photo that I got from a free image site I found on google (sorry I can't remember which one to credit the photograper), then used the stencil and texture paste on the left side. I then gently sprayed some shimmer spray over the top of the whole page just to soften the black a little I then fussy cut the flowers and layed them so that they kind of look like wings for the photo. Under some of the flower I cut little pieces of the lace and glued underneather the tip of the flower
The chipboard was all donne with embossing powder, the frame (I love this frame!!) I just used black embossing powder. I was going to do 2 layers, but I liked that in some places you could see through to the natural chipboard, Te butterflies were done with a Lindys Desert Moon Turquoise, which is a shimmery sheer coverage which I really liked as it gives a sense of movement for the butterflies as the page moves.
The title, I will have to admit my hubby sent me to our local $2 shop to get some Mason jars for jam he was making, and I couldn't resist walking through their craft section and I found these little bags of scrabble tiles. Below are the Scrapmatts products that I have used that you can get at
Thank you again to those who are following Scrapmatts and their blog, I hope that I have given you a couple of ideas to go away and play with and add into your own projects. Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copictopia Design Team - At Ease

    Hi. Heather again. Today I'm working with this super cute turtle from the At Ease collection. I love his little smiley face! I colou...