Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Hippy Retreat - Dusty Attic Design Team

 Good morning

Today I've done 2 projects for you.

The first one is bright and colourful. It is a double layout with a 70's hippy theme from a recent retreat that I attended.


I started with the super bright and floral papers from PaperRoses. I then created the peace sign using black glitter cardstock. But before sticking it down I added some stenciling in the background, using the Paintbrushes Stencil (DA36011), and some soft pink paint.

While I was stenciling I used ABC Stencil (DA1770) to stencil in the word "Justy" in the bottom right corner. At retreat I was trying to say Jennifer from Dusty Attic and it came out "Justy", and it kinda stuck.




I then painted the Flowers Layers #6 (DA1078) with the same soft pink and then added some hot pink accents to them. and tucked them in amongst my fussy cut paper flowers. To make the packet go further I cut the larger ones in half as you only see half the flower anyway.



To finish off the page I used my hot pink paint to pain the chipboard title that Jen very kindly gave us at retreat.

My second project was a quick and simple Christmas card.


I have used the super cute Aussie Chrismtas range from Studio 73 as my starting point, and in my Dusty Attic basket I had a couple of Creative Cluster #6 packs that had been partly used, but still had the trees. So I used a combination of green, brown light/sage green and a gold to paint them, and of course used my gold paint for the starts on top. The Christmas number plate, I used black paint all over and into the word, then lightly ran some gold paint over the top.




Thank you again
Heather

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Copictopia Design Team - At Ease

    Hi. Heather again. Today I'm working with this super cute turtle from the At Ease collection. I love his little smiley face! I colou...