Thursday, July 20, 2023

Book Nook Storage Stand - Dusty Attic Design Team

 Good morning all

Today I've turned the Book Nook #1 into a storage stand for my Dusty Attic Stencils






I've seen a few of the Dusty Attic design team members do some of the most amazing book nook projects over the past few months, so thought I'd do something completely different and turn it into something practical, and it is a perfect size for storing my Dusty stencils or Dusty chipboard

I started by adding the metal feet to each corner and the chipboard border strip across the bottom of the 2 long edges




I then painted the whole box, including the inside in this beautiful Duck Egg Chalk paint from artisan Paint, from Secon Time Round NSW. After painting it, I applied the gorgous transfers also from Second Time Round NSW


I then added a little bit of wax to the feet and chipboard border strips and edges of the box.

The box was then sealed to protect it.

To finish it off I added the metal handles on the sides, which have also had some silver was applied to them, And I had this title/quote chipboard, Live Beautifully... which I thought was perfect for the images on my box. I did go backwards and forwards a few times with the finish of these titles, and in the end I decided to just to keep them simple and white.






All of the chipboard pieces including the box can be bought through the Dusty Attic website:


Thank you

Heather








No comments:

Post a Comment

Copictopia Design Team - Gifts Galore Meadow

  Hi. Heather here. We all need birthday cards again at the beginning of each year, and I loved this image, it was great for birthday or Chr...