Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Today's Favourite - Dusty Attic Design Team

 Good morning. This time I've gone with a creamy beige theme for my layout to keep it all very neutral and subtle.



I chose the Spring Blooms #4 Dusty Attic Chipboard out to play with this time. I loved the size and how much is in this pack.



I was going to use my Prismacolor pencils to colour them, but after I went through my stash of papers (I'm trying to use up what I've got stored away), I decided to just use really soft colours of ink on them applied with a dauber. I've used brown ink on the branches, a sagey green (yep, technical term) and a soft pink on the petals.

Once I figured out roughly where I wanted everything to go on my page, I started by applying Ranger's Texture Paste Metallic White through the Dusty Attic Distressed Diamonds stencil (DA1480E). I did sprinkle some very fine glitter over the top of the texture paste while it was still wet. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to show clearly in a photo.






I then re-assembled my page, but this time I stuck it down using a combination of levels of foam tape to give height. I even pulled out my box of 49 and Market flowers, and my box of old pieces of lace to tuck in and around the page.



The title I very simply just used the same brown ink that I had on the flower branches, and then once dry I added just a hint of gold wax.


Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copictopia Design Team - At Ease

    Hi. Heather again. Today I'm working with this super cute turtle from the At Ease collection. I love his little smiley face! I colou...